Sunday, October 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites!


 
As I posted before - I love a good deal at the grocery store!  During a sale at Kroger I was able to score some Betty Crocker Shake -N- Pour Brownie Mixes for a fantastic price!  Since I was having the Planter's Nut-rition House Party this weekend, I figured I would try and incorporate one of these mixes into the party food.  I ended up making 2 dozen brownie bites in a mini muffin tin.  I baked them according to package directions for 13 minutes.  I actually preferred them in this mini form, as opposed to the 8x8 pan size - they seemed more moist.  Now I had to add peanut butter - what better way than in the FROSTING!  Peanut butter frosting is my all time favorite!

I used a recipe I've been using for the last couple of years-
I cut the recipe size in half for this, and still had quite a bit left over.

1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup peanut butter - in this case I used Planter's Nut-rition Berry Nut flavor
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk

I mixed these all in my kitchen aid until it was smooth (well smooth except for the tiny bits of peanut and cranberries!).  I then filled up a piping bag with a very large tip and piped some frosting on top of each one.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment