Friday, October 19, 2012

Fast and Easy Cinnamon Roll Ups!

There are some days where I just crave cinnamon rolls but don't have the time to make them from scratch!  A few weekends ago I put these together quickly to cure that craving!  The family loved them and they were gone in minutes!

I had a store bought roll of Honey Biscuits in the refrigerator.  I rolled each one of those biscuits out into an oval - maybe 4" long from top to bottom.  In a bowl I mixed together 1/2 a cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoonful of cinnamon.  I spread some softened butter on each rolled out biscuit, coating it all the way to the edges, and then sprinkled the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.  I then rolled each biscuit up and placed it seam side down in a greased 9x9 pyrex baking dish. In the cinnamon/sugar bowl I melted about 4 tablespoons of butter and added another 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoonful of cinnamon, mixed that together and spooned it over the top of each roll up.  I baked them in a preheated oven (per package instructions) until they were golden on top (about 15 to 20 minutes).  So incredibly tasty, and an easy way to have warn cinnamon rolls in a pinch!


No comments:

Post a Comment