Friday, October 19, 2012

Ham, Spinach and Red Pepper Quiche

We had roasted a ham earlier in the week for an impromptu Thanksgiving dinner.  So now I'm on a mission to use up all of the ham and turn it into some freezer meals for the coming months!  Today I made a simple quiche (original recipe Here) and it turned out quite nicely!  I used fresh spinach instead of frozen, and of course the roasted ham as opposed to lunch meat.  Can't wait to try it - it smells wonderful!

 The crescent Rolls rolled out and in the pie pan.  Poked with a fork.

I cooked the diced red pepper until it was tender, then added in the fresh spinach to sweat it out.
 
 Chopped ham roast in the bottom of the quiche.

On top of the ham went the pepper and spinach mixture.
 
 
Cheese on top, with the egg/milk mix poured over.



All done and cooling off!  Once it is cool, I will wrap it in foil, and then wrap it in freezer paper to protect it from freezer burn.  When I want to serve this for dinner, I will thaw it in the refrigerator for 24 hours and put in a preheated oven at 325 for approximately 20 minutes until hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment