Saturday, October 20, 2012

Barbecued Chicken Drumsticks

I picked up this 3 1/2 lb. package of chicken drumsticks the other day at the grocery store for $3.63 on clearance.  I had found this recipe on allrecipes and thought it looked simple and flavorful and figured it would be a great dinner for us this evening!  I've been baking in the kitchen all day, and welcome something so quick!

Following the recipe HERE, I rinsed the chicken drumsticks and placed them in a gallon size ziplock bag.  I mixed together the marinade ingredients and poured that into the bag with the chicken, making sure to get each drumstick evenly covered - and placed it in the fridge until dinner time!





It's time to cook!  Pull the chicken out of the fridge and place it on a foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Brush on some of the reserved BBQ sauce - I'm using Weber Buzz'N Honey BBQ Sauce on these.  Pop them in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.


 Remove from oven, brush again with the BBQ sauce, flip over, and stick them back in for 15 more minutes - do this 3 times. So easy and it has wonderful flavor! I had homemade mashed potatoes from earlier in the week that I mixed with some shredded parmesan cheese and made into potato cakes, and served them with the chicken and  a salad.  Mmmmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment