Monday, January 23, 2012

Stuffed Pepper Soup

Today I made Stuffed Pepper soup in the crock pot - My house smelled amazing ALL DAY!  I also made a loaf of bread to go along side of the soup.  HERE is the recipe I used to make the soup.  I used ground turkey instead of the ground beef, and I think the next time I make this I will not make this substitution as it lacked  a flavor that I think the beef would have added.  I added in some crushed red pepper, garlic powder, 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup, and freshly ground black pepper.  I also used 1 entire red bell pepper, and 1 entire yellow bell pepper - both were more than 1/2 a cup as the recipe calls for.  After cooking the ground turkey, I put all of the ingredients (minus the rice) into the crock pot, set on Low for about 7 hours.  I steamed the rice and added it into the crockpot about 10 minutes before serving.  Tasted great along with the crusty bread!


Makes 6 GOOD sized portions.
(After my alterations my nutritional values were slightly different than that of the original poster.)

339 calories per 1 1/3 cup.  48 carb, 3g fat, 20g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment