Monday, January 16, 2012

Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers

 First off, let me say - I DON'T LIKE GREEN PEPPERS!  But I ate over half of one of these!  Apparently cooking them into submission really lessens the flavor to a more tolerable state (for me).  I will definitely make these again, but for once, I will agree with my husband - they were a bit bland.  Nothing that a little hot sauce won't fix.  Maybe some additional spices or some fresh chopped cilantro.  I really liked the use of the couscous (LOVE couscous) as opposed to the typical rice.  The overall texture of the meat mixture was fantastic.   One pepper was plenty large enough for a main dish serving.  We also had a baked potato with low fat sour cream and cheese on the side.  Enjoy!


Nutrition Information:
Calories 300, Carbs 43 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 17 g


You can find the recipe for Crockpot Stuffed Peppers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment