Sunday, May 26, 2013

Veggie Wrap!


Since being new to this whole (as much as I can afford) organic lifestyle - one that includes eating WAY less meat - I was on the lookout for something easy to put together for lunch.  I made up something today that had much more flavor than I expected and was very satisfying!  
 Locally,  I've found Kroger has the largest selection of organic items.  I found these Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted whole grain tortillas this morning in the organic freezer section.   I was quite surprised at their relatively mellow flavor, I think I expected something more overwhelming, but I was very pleased with them and will most definitely be buying them again.  I then layered on some veggie goodness!  Kroger's Simply Truth organic triple bean blend, Simple Truth spinach leaves, Athenos spicy 3 pepper hummus (this part is a must to give it a kick of flavor!), feta cheese crumbles, Simple Truth frozen edamame, and some chopped up avocado!  Rolled it up into a wrap - and it was rather amazing!  Whole grains, protein, veggies - you really can't ask for more in a lunch wrap!


No comments:

Post a Comment