Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crock Pot Shrimp Stir-Fry

The thing I love most about my crock pot is it's intended purpose - set it and forget it.  This recipe uses the crock pot, but we're only talking a maximum of 3 hours of set it and forget it!  I started this when I got home from shopping later this afternoon, and it was ready just in time for dinner.  Good flavor and low in calories, I will be making this again for my family.  You can find the recipe I used HERE.  I did make a few changes-
1. After removing the shells and de-veining the shrimp, I precooked them in a skillet with a little seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper, just to ensure they were cooked through. 
2.  I didn't have any oyster sauce, so at a friend's suggestion, I used  worcestershire sauce.
3.  I added a small sliced onion into the crockpot at the beginning stages.
4.  I added the cooked shrimp 20 minutes before done time as the recipe suggests. 
5.  I did not add bamboo shoots, as no one in my family particularly cares for them.
6. I completely forgot to add the snow peas!  I had every intention, and will definitely put them in next time, as I think they will be a great addition. 
7.  I used an orange pepper instead of a red one.





I did the nutritional values based on the original recipe, and NOT including the rice.
Serves 6
Per Serving: Calories 133, Carbs 11, Fat 2g, Protein 18g


No comments:

Post a Comment