Monday, February 6, 2012

Beef and Black Bean Crockpot Chili & Tex-Mex Quinoa Cakes

Our kiddo hasn't been feeling the best lately, and I know chili is one things she will generally always eat.  Not to mention it covers a few of the major food groups all in one dish, so I figured this would be good to make for her tonight as she hasn't eaten much the last few days. 

1 pound lean ground beef (cooked and browned)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans Del Monte Zesty Chili tomatoes
2 Tablespoons honey
2-3 Tablespoons chili powder
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup beef broth
4 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounce can diced green chiles
1 teaspoon cumin

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot ( I used my 3 qt. and it was full to the top!).  Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.  Makes 6 servings.

Calories 290, Carbs 46, Fat 8g, Protein 21g


     
Steaming hot Beef and Black Bean Chili!
I saw the recipe for these Tex-Mex Quinoa Patties on Pinterest tonight and thought they would go well with the chili - I was right!  They are really good!  You can find the recipe HERE for them.  Quick and easy, and very tasty.  I dipped them in my chili.  The recipe makes 12 cakes, 2 cakes per serving. 


Tex-Mex Quinoa Bites
Calories 130, Carbs 4, Fat 4, Protein 7g

No comments:

Post a Comment