Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chicken & Cous Cous Salad

This salad makes me yearn for summer and all of the fresh veggies that will come out of our garden!  The 2 adults in this family LOVED it!  The child however, wouldn't touch it.  I'll chalk that up to her not feeling so well because this type of food is right up her alley.    Here is the recipe I used. 
The things I changed:
I added about a Tablespoon of chopped fresh Cilantro.
I added 2 Teaspoons of white sugar to the dressing mix to cut the cumin flavor a little bit.  I tasted the dressing before it went on the salad and I was very worried I was going to "ruin" the couscous/chicken mixture with it because I wasn't such a fan - but it turned out fantastic when put together!
I didn't use any radishes - the store I last shopped at didn't have any!


We LOVED this recipe, and will be making it again in the future.  The possibilities are endless!

This serves 4 people at 1 1/2 cups per serving.

Calories 334, Fat 10.9g, Protein 20.9g,  Carbs 35.8


No comments:

Post a Comment